You can have results or excuses…NOT BOTH!
A lot of times we can make things harder than they have to be. And trust me exercise is on top of that list!
No matter where you are in your fitness journey, starting from scratch, trying something new, or breaking through a plateau, either way starting a new routine is something we all deal with from time to time.
Here are a few strategies to help you kick-start wherever you are!
- Ask someone who has been there. Don’t make this any harder than it has to be – ask for suggestions and advice from someone whom you are comfortable with that can relate to your journey.
- Get to the point, skip the details. When it comes to the exercise industry EVERYONE is an expert – don’t get caught up in all the how’s, what’s and when’s just start and do what you can do, start building a routine…the rest will follow.
- Go slow. Where you are didn’t happen overnight – your body won’t transform overnight! Sorry but this is the truth. Be patient with the process and have faith in it, small changes a day leads to the BIG goal!
- Don’t miss workouts. Consistency is what wins the race – when you make the commitment to a healthier you, schedule it and KEEP it. Fitness is usually the first to be put on the back burner when “LIFE” kicks in.
- Pick an exercise and get moving! You have THOUSANDS of choices – know your limits and pick one, then DO IT!