Internship with Art Fitness
Art Fitness internship program is designed to allow recent graduates from college, university or personal training certification courses to observe the practical skills they will need to work successfully with clients in the future. Interns will shadow an experienced Fitness Professional conducting a variety of training sessions.
You will learn how to:
- Perform fitness assessments and evaluations.
- Develop training sessions and keep detailed progress reports on your clients.
- Demonstrate proper training techniques, exercise coaching, motivation and instruction.
- Coach and motivate clients to make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Track client progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise logs.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education that empowers clients to lead healthy lives forever.
- Market and sell your fitness services.
- Represent the vision, culture and values of Art Fitness.
Art Fitness Internships are unpaid. However, interns who demonstrate excellent performance may be eligible for employment after the internship is completed.
- Greet and check in clients in a friendly, positive, professional manner.
- Assist with back office work, such as sending emails/cards and running errands as needed.
- Document your experience each week: interesting observations, lessons learned, questions for discussion, comments on workouts observed, useful client communication/training techniques, etc.
- Assist with personal training sessions when appropriate.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Art Fitness vision, culture and values in all interactions with clients, coworkers and the general public.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Interns must spend 10 hours per week in the facility over the course of 8 consecutive weeks.
- Must have a positive, enthusiastic, energetic personality.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must be comfortable conversing with clients in person and over the phone in a polite, professional, friendly manner.
- Must have a working knowledge of health and fitness and the human body, and be able to quickly grasp and apply new concepts.
- Must be punctual and reliable.