Happiness is a choice! But many wait for permission to be happy and live the life they have always wanted. Permission is nothing more than someone else’s approval – as simple as that sounds it keeps many people from succeeding and being happy. Why do we feel like we must have someone else’s approval to be happy? Many say it comes from the need to fit in and be accepted – how about making a stand to be different to do different?
Permission starts with YOU! Follow these few tips and take the lead on giving yourself permission to be happy!
- Permission for acceptance: Acceptance says, it may not be what I want it to be, but for now it is OK.
- Permission to be Imperfect: Embrace your imperfections. Happiness is a state of mind, not always a state of being.
- Permission to Choose: Focus on what YOU want and then make the choice that is right for you and makes you happy.
- Permission to try new things: We are conditioned to go with the flow and not make too many waves in an effort to not fail. WHO CARES! If you fail, at least you had the courage to try something new, something different.
- Permission to take action: What permission are you waiting for? What can you FREE yourself to do RIGHT NOW?